This 1 bedroom/ 1 bathroom hidden gem is perfectly located in the best neighborhood in town, Shadyside, where you can walk to numerous restaurants, bars, grocery stores, high-end shops, coffee shops and more! UPMC Shadyside hospital is also a 1 minute walk from the apartment. The apartment is fully stocked and equipped for long stays if needed, so this is perfect for anyone looking for a place to crash for the night, a week long stay, or even a monthly stay. There is also central air conditioning and heating, so you'll be extremely comfortable for your stay year round. This apartment is on the 3rd floor of a 3-unit building. All pets are also welcome for small additional fees that vary by length of stay. At maximum, dogs are $50 per dog per stay, and cats are $30 per cat per stay, but make sure to ask! Guest access
Relax into the night in the deluxe king sized Zinus memory foam mattress. There is also a large closet with plenty of space along with a dresser in front of bedroom. Off to the side of the bedroom is an office desk & chair for you to use that is stocked with all business essentials for your stay. Unwind before bed by enjoying the 40" TCL Roku Smart TV!
The Living room:
A cozy place to unwind with a brand new 3 seater sofa. Centered in the living room is also a 50" TCL Roku Smart TV that has all of your favorite subscriptions ready to go on the TV (Including Netflix, HBO, Disney+, etc). There is also a tufted bench off to the side for additional seating and plenty of space to unwind.
This recently remodeled bathroom is always sparkling clean and is topped off with a luxurious waterfall shower head. The bathroom is also stocked with shampoo, conditioner, a hair dryer and fresh towels for your stay. All essentials will be provided.
The kitchen is fully stocked and equipped with everything you'll need to cook during your stay if desired. This includes new stainless steel appliances (Fridge, dishwasher, stove and microwave)! There are also plates, cutlery and cups available for all dining needs. Additionally, there is a coffee maker with fresh coffee grounds, decaf coffee, sugar and creamer available for all the fellow coffee lovers, and a bread toaster. Conveniently located in the kitchen is a 4-seater dining table as well so you'll feel right at home!
The Back porch:
Just off the kitchen is a small back porch as well that you can hang out on. It is very small without a lot of space, but is private and a nice spot to sit. Chairs are provided in the living room closet!
Smart Home Technologies:
This apartment is fully loaded with many smart home technologies providing convenience for your stay. This includes smart locks at every entrance (No keys!), smart thermostat, and a smart TV in both the bedroom and living room. Control the TV and smart thermostat with the Amazon Alexa dot in the living room!.
You will have full access and use of the apartment and you can come and go as you please using the electronic key pad to let yourself in. The entire space, plus building amenities, is included in your stay. Please, make yourself at home. Additional notes
The coin-operated washer/ dryer is located in the basement and you are free to use that when it is available. It is shared by the other two apartments in the building.
- Street parking is free, but you must register your permit in advance. All instructions will be provided in guidebook once you book. There is no off-street parking at this apartment, only street parking is available.
- This apartment is pet friendly, but you must request permission in advance. The fees may vary based on length of stay, but they are no more than $50 per dog per stay, and $30 per cat per stay. Make sure to ask when booking :)
- This is a 3rd floor apartment and you will have to climb two flights of stairs to access the apartment.
- There is both central AC and Central Heating in the apartment that is controlled by the Nest thermostat in the living room, allowing you to be comfortable year round.
- There is a smart lock at both the front entrance of the apartment and the door to the apartment, allowing you to come and go as you please without worrying about keys. A code will be automatically generated for you when you book and will be sent to you in the check-in instructions. There is a back up key on the front porch in the lock box as well!
- There will be a coin-operated washer/ dryer in the building that you may use and is shared by 2 other apartments in the building. Refer to the guidebook for instructions on how to access the washer/ dryer.
Please remember that you're staying in a house, not a hotel, so treat the space with respect. If any problems arise, I will do my best to take action ASAP, but there is no one living on-site 24/7.
I do not have cable for either TV, but both TVs are Smart TVs, which means you can log into your favorite streaming service (Hulu, Netflix, HBO, Disney+, etc.) to access all of your favorite shows/ channels! Standard HDMI cable provided as well.
I am here for you during your stay, but our level of interaction is up to you. I am only a phone call or message away. You will be able to self check-in using the electronic key lock upon arrival.Neighborhood overview
Note- Messaging is the quickest way to get ahold of me. If I don't answer your call, please send me a message and I will call you back as soon as I am able to.
You can't beat the location of this Shadyside apartment. It is conveniently located near all Universities (Carnegie Mellon, University of Pittsburgh, Carlow, Chatham, and Duquesne). Plenty of boutiques, restaurants, parks, museums, high-end shopping and coffee shops are within walking distance. Some of the primary spots include Lululemon, Athleta, Apple Store, Banana Republic, Starbucks, Pamelas Diner, Brueggers bagels Shady Grove, The Yard, and Marios East Side Saloon. Bus stops are close by to take you to the Heinz Field, PNC park, or Rivers Casino. Southside, downtown, Lawrenceville, Squirrel Hill and Bloomfield are all a short 10-15 minute Uber away.Getting around
UPMC Shadyside is only a 1 minute walk from the apartment and is super convenient to get to as well. Several other hospitals within a 5 minute drive, including West Penn and Children's hospital.
The airport is roughly 30 minutes from the apartment, by car and without traffic. The cost to uber is usually about a $38 each way, without surge pricing.
I highly recommend using ride-sharing services:
- For $2 off your first 3 Uber rides, use my code: https://www.uber.com/invite/jaket139
- Rent bikes for as cheap as $2 per 30 minutes at any Healthy E-Ride bike station around town! There is an easy bike path to get you downtown in less than 30 minutes and you can get to several nearby parks by bike as well. Great way to explore the city!
Great walking routes along the 5th Avenue, ‘University corridor' to Chatham University, CMU and PITT.
Easy bus lines to the heart of Downtown and the Airport - 28X Airport Flyer stops nearby.